Here's the tutorial for the paper fortune cookies. I put little love notes in mine for Valentines Day, but this could also be fun for Chinese New Year- or think how cute they would be scattered on a table for a Wedding Shower, Wedding Favors, or Baby Shower with customized messages :)
Circle Cutter, or template to cut 4" Circle (fiskars circle cutter)
Glue to adhere cookies (i like the Glue Zots, holds them together easily)
Hambly Little Hearts papers (still a few left of the limited edition colors, like i used)
Printed out fortunes to go inside (Here's a PDF of Love Notes i printed from online)
1. Cut out you paper in 4" circles.
2. Gently fold your paper circle in half, and ONLY crease it about 1" in the middle. (You don't need to crease the whole fold, only the middle to help the cookie fold evenly)
4. Hold as pictured below and start to push in at the crease with your index finger on your right hand.
5. You can see the glue right below my index finger, once it starts to fold take out your finger and the glue will hold it together.
6. Keep folding until it looks like a fortune cookie.
7. You can either put the little fortunes in at the end with glue- or slip them in at STEP 4 , and then they will stay folded in, I suggest making the first one without the fortune to get the hang of it, then start folding them in.
I also made a quick video showing the fortunes folded in the cookies. We were having some issue with sound- but at least the video gives you an idea....
Hope you have fun making them :)
Kimberly Crawford who writes creates a lot of crafts and fun projects has a similar tutorial posted on her blog. She also puts them in a take-out box which is such a cute idea!!